Here’s what we explored:
- has your day ever really gone to plan? Aren’t interruptions the norm?
- woman plans God laughs
- Juliet shares her own sense of melancholy being separated from her partner
- when we don’t accept what is; we suffer
- going through the feelings, being prepared to feel all the feels
- if you fight what is, inner or outer, the resistance builds up and we suffer more
- with so much uncertainty, it’s as if we are all sitting on the edge of our seats
- we’ve been turned upside down and for many of us there’s no new normal yet
- the illusion has been shattered. We were comfortable in that illusion
- when the wave of overwhelm is heading my way we have a few options
- stand against it and get flattened; dive under it, or ride the wave
- we don’t have to try to fight it you can go into the soft body of our human-ness
- we can innocently let our stressful thinking build, like in a psychological thriller
- we do this especially when we are uncomfortable with how we feel
- when the mind clears, there’s an opportunity for fresh thinking
- you only have to deal with what’s right in front of you, right now
- when we drop our stories, we’re able to move more easily through life
- we get present all the time, but we just don’t notice
- here, now the two of us speaking, everything’s fine, we’re in a state of curiosity
- social media gives us the stories that match our own
- when you feel irritated, if you go on Facebook, you’ll feel more irritated
- a symptom of stress is a sense of urgency and not thinking clearly
- we either go scatter gun and try to solve problems or withdraw and feel overwhelmed
- Juliet says how she couldn’t see how exhausting that was
- she thought she was exhausted because of all the things she had to do
- when you understand your feelings are real but what they are telling you is not, you can take them less seriously
- we’re not saying, we’re okay because we don’t have so-called challenges in our life
- we’re okay because there is something deeper and fresh thinking is always available
- when our system floods with stress chemicals we have less clarity but those chemicals are meant to be released when we are ACTUALLY in danger
- what happens is those chemicals get released when we IMAGINE danger
- the birds don’t have a commentary running about their circumstances
- we can learn from the birds
- Carla talks of a story in Mara Gleason’s book, One Thought Changes Everything, wherein a holdup, all Mara’s fear dropped away and she felt a feeling of expansive love rush in
- we see the possibility of our stories dropping away at any moment
- you can’t think your way to a state of no thought
- we drop out of our self-conscious thinking all the time, we just don’t notice
- when we are being and doing, we aren’t thinking about ourselves
- it is changes in our thoughts that change our experience not changes in our external world
- the more we can take things off our mind, the easier it is to deal with the unknown
- when we have lots on our mind, social media can just amplify that busy mind state
- as we learn to ride the waves, we get really good at being flexible and find more ease
- when you don’t accept what is, you suffer
- it doesn’t mean being a doormat or acquiescing to being badly treated
- if you don’t like what’s going on, change it or accept it as Eckhart Tolle says
- when our minds run away with thoughts of fear and insecurity, we get exhausted
- if we don’t know what’s going on we innocently add to the pressure with our thinking
- our actions follow our thinking.
- Carla gave an example of badly slicing her fingers when doing a task while exhausted
- attending to letting our minds settle is the single most important thing we can do
Thank you for listening. If you enjoyed this episode, please do leave a review and share on your networks.
One Thought Changes Everything, Mara Gleason
Dicken Bettinger – search YouTube for his videos
Eckhart Tolle – search YouTube for his videos
CONNECT WITH CARLA
Carla is a mindset & performance coach working with high achieving, high-performance entrepreneurs who are dealing quietly with anxiety.
Website – CarlaRoyal.com
Facebook – Carla Royal Coach
Linkedin – Carla Royal
Instagram – CarlaRoyalCoach
Sign up to receive Carla’s weekly newsletter for inspiration, motivation, and tips for living with more ease and flow – Subscribe
CONNECT WITH JULIET
Poet & 3 Principles facilitator, Juliet loves exploring and pointing towards freedom of mind for those curious to engage more fully with all aspects of their life.
Sign up for her latest insights, essays, poems and inspirational programmes direct to your inbox – Subscribe
Website – Solcare
Instagram- Juliet Faye
Facebook – Solcare
CONNECT WITH US!
If you love The Riffing on Realness Podcast, rate the podcast and/or write us a review!
Thank you for listening and being a part of this community! It means a lot to us!
Finally, are their topics you’d like us to cover? Please let us know.