Here’s what we explored:
- Feeling all kinds of emotions at the same time and how that doesn’t need to be a problem
- We can feel curious and terrified, happy and sad
- simply feeling emotions rather than analysing and judging them, enables them to flow more freely
- when we get stuck, is when we get overly attached to the meaning we’re making of how we’re feeling
- we have an incredible capacity to simply feel our emotions
- we get in trouble when we split off from that and go into analysis
- there’s intelligence in our emotions, not meaning but intelligence
- in deep grief there is love
- in every emotion, at root, there is love
- as we get more of a sense of our deeper essence, we get kinder towards our experience
- what can stop us wanting to feel, is fearing losing control
- more and more places where we are trying to hold on become visible
- control dropping away is something Juliet fears and longs for all at the same time
- just out of sight, is a huge expanse of love
- control is all about fear and trying to keep the separate self, safe
- control gives us an illusion of safety but actually holds us prisoner
- hyper-analysis and judgment of our experience/how we feel can cause a whole lot of suffering
- and yet, we can be kind there too
- we’re noticing we can show up, feeling vulnerable and just see what happens, there’s nothing on it
- there’s a gentleness available as we understand the nature of our experience deeper and deeper
- when we don’t know, it can be a really fertile space if we can just rest there and not be freaked out by it
- when we find ourselves in a situation when we can see you have no control it can be a reckoning, a kind of fork in the road. Can we surrender?
- it causes a lot of stain on our system to try and hold on to control
- there’s a lot of freedom in being able to have emotions and let them move through you freely
- the nature of the human experience is ebb and flow: control and surrender; being in your heart or your head; fear and love
- the storm always runs out of rain, even when we feel off centre, we can know we’ll come back
- the awareness of something deeper begins to come more and more into the foreground
- our emotions are simply inviting us to get present, to come into the present moment and experience them
- Thank you for taking the time to listen. If you enjoy this podcast please share on your social networks and write a review to help others find it. We’re taking a break over the Summer so wherever you are, go well and look after each other.
CONNECT WITH CARLA
Carla is a mindset & performance coach working with high-achieving, high-performance entrepreneurs who are dealing quietly with anxiety.
Website – CarlaRoyal.com
Facebook – Carla Royal Coach
Linkedin – Carla Royal
Instagram – CarlaRoyalCoach
Sign up to receive Carla’s weekly newsletter for inspiration, motivation, and tips for living with more ease and flow – Subscribe
CONNECT WITH JULIET
Poet & 3 Principles facilitator, Juliet loves exploring and pointing towards freedom of mind for those curious to engage more fully with all aspects of their life.
Sign up for her latest insights, essays, poems, and inspirational programmes direct to your inbox – Subscribe
Website – Solcare
Instagram- Juliet Faye
Facebook – Solcare
CONNECT WITH US!
If you love The Riffing on Realness Podcast, rate the podcast and/or write us a review!
You can do that HERE ! Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE so you don’t miss out on new episodes dropping every week. And don’t forget to share it with your friends!
Thank you for listening and being a part of this community! It means a lot to us!
Finally, are there topics you’d like us to cover? Please let us know.