One time overseas development worker, organic grower & Farmers’ Market trader, trainer, Marketing Geek and now a Three Principles Facilitator. Written and verbal communication has been the constant in all my various incarnations.
Looking towards wellbeing & resilience
The Three Principles came across my path when I watched a recording of an interview between Molly Gordon, a Seattle based transformational coach and Mary Schiller, a New York author and coach, now living in Paris. The title of the interview was “Can an insight cure PTSD?“. This first glimpse of a new understanding of human experience intrigued me and led to immersing myself in finding out more about the Three Principles as articulated by Sydney Banks.
In May 2016, I found myself in Oslo at The One Solution conference where I heard more about how this understanding is transforming lives in some of the most challenging situations across the globe such as during the earthquakes in Nepal, in the refugee camps of the Gaza strip and even tackling corruption in the Kenyan Police Force.
I completed two online courses with Molly Gordon and a private coach training programme with Mary Schiller in 2016 and in May 2017 I graduated from The Insight Space, Three Principles Facilitator Training, a nine month group programme with Ian Watson and Carol Boroughs delivered online and at Regents University, London. As my experience of the ups and downs of my own life improved, my desire to share this understanding has increased.
Volunteering in HMP Onley, Rugby
In the Autumn of 2016, I volunteered with Jacqueline Hollow’s Beyond Recovery programme which is transforming the lives of those affected by drug addiction and the criminal justice system. In March 2017, I began facilitating group programmes for service users, staff and volunteers at the Mind Welcome Centre in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, Wales. In June 2017, I was thrilled to attend The Three Principles Foundation’s Three Principles School with Chip Chipman and Elsie Spittle on Salt Spring Island in British Columbia, Canada.
In August 2017, I was moved to set up a Facebook Group, Love Your Life Again for individuals, social care workers and social entrepreneurs experiencing mental stress and looking for more ease and flow in life and work. A place to look towards a deeper understanding of who we are and how our experience gets created. This group has now been archived and contains a large library of resources about the Three Principles from the first generation teachers. Please contact me to find out more.
Facilitator at Llanelli Mind
I facilitate short (5-9 week) group programmes called LOVE YOUR LIFE AGAIN based on sharing the The Three Principles understanding to help people re-discover well-being, resilience and joy. It is conversation based.
We are seeing a positive impact on people’s sense of well-being and ability to roll more easily with life’s ups and downs. Some comments from participants give you a flavour of what we are seeing.
- “My palpitations have stopped”,
- “An enhanced awareness of when I am feeling low or anxious – recognising it is just a feeling. More settled and open to ideas.”
- “It’s given hope and some peace of mind, reassures me that I’m ok”
- “My fear attacks are less & do not dwell on the past and more confident”
Transformational coaching and group facilitator
I run online group programmes for those interested in deepening their understanding and provide 1:2:1 mentoring and transformational coaching.
Wales 3P network
Along the way I have connected with others in Wales who are interested in sharing this understanding through work in diverse fields. If this is you please contact me as we are forming a loose network to collaborate, share ideas and generally hang out together.
Here’s an updated round up of my journey so far:-
I continue to enjoy being a student as well as sharing what I see. My learning has included hearing from these wonderful teachers and working with some wonderful people from around the world:-
- One Solution Conference, Oslo, May 2016
- Short programmes with Mary Schiller April/May 2016
- Art of Living online course with Molly Gordon, Shaboom Inc
- Volunteer with Beyond Recovery Prison Programme working in HMP at Onley
- 9 month Insight Space Facilitator Training with Ian Watson and Carol Boroughs
- Volunteer Three Principles facilitator MIND (mental health charity) Llanelli Welcome Centre, Mar – Dec 2017
- 3PUK Conference, London, May 2017
- Jun 2017 – ongoing – private programmes and 1:2:1 conversations around the Three Principles, Marketing and Sharing the Principles with groups.
- Three Principles School, Salt Spring Island, Canada with Chip Chipman and Elsie Spittle June 2017
- Volunteer host Facebook community: LOVE YOUR LIFE AGAIN (Moods & how to survive them), 200+ members 2017-18
- Community Leadership Workshops with Judith Sedgeman & the Centre for Sustainable Change Autumn 2017
- Small group mentoring programme by Carol Boroughs of Signposts October/November 2017
- Three Principles facilitator MIND (mental health charity) Llanelli Welcome Centre, Jan 2018 – ongoing
- Participant in Soul to Soul Conversations with Dr Rita Shuford (February to May 2018)
- Small group mentoring programme by Carol Boroughs of Signposts March/April 2018
- Journey to Wholeness a 9 month programme with the Insight Space led by Ian Watson and Carol Boroughs Oct 2018 to June 2019.
You can read some feedback here.